Once you become a daughter, your life will change radically forever. This is the reason why at some point you can decide to celebrate the joy of always being with your mother in a more unusual way. More specifically, you could opt for matching mother and daughter tattoos.
Mother and daughter tattoos can hide all sorts of symbols, most of them related precisely to the relationship with your mother, to the indissoluble connection that has been created between you and her. Conversely, such tattoos may be simpler and express the same joy of feeling that your mother is always close.
As it follows, you’ll find a large number of tattoo ideas for mother and daughters. As soon as you find an idea you’re contempt with and get it inked, you will feel your mother even closer. The same goes for mothers as well! So, stop overthinking and browse through matching mother and daughter tattoos in order to find one that best represents the relationship between you two.
1. Feet tattoos each depicting a cartoonish bee in motion
2. Quotation tattoos accompanied by two birds in flying motion
3. Yin and Yang tattoos filled in with detailed decorations
4. Two cute elephants send a message, “Like Mother, Like Daughter”
5. Compass and anchor tattoos that read, “Guide me” and “Hold me”
- 1 The Meaning Behind Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos
- 2 Ways to Leave a Personal Fingerprint in Skin With Matching Tattoos
- 2.1 Matching Tattoos Containing Quotations
- 2.2 Tattoo Design Depicts a Mother and a Child
- 2.3 The Symbol of Infinity Included in Matching Tattoos
- 2.4 Tattoo Design Depicts Two Hearts
- 2.5 Less Commitment With White Ink
- 2.6 Heart and Mother’s / Daughter’s Name
- 2.7 A Poem of Love Dedicated to Each Other
- 2.8 Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos With Birds
- 3 Inking Tips for Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos
- 4 Maintenance Steps for Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos
The Meaning Behind Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos
It is said that being a mother is both the most difficult and noble thing. Maternity is a full-time job with wonderful experiences, powerful emotions and lots of lessons about life. Mothers are the ultimate definition of love, they are powerful and capable of making great sacrifices.
Moreover, many of them have learned to appreciate themselves as they are, without barriers and without rules imposed by others. So, in their honor, you can choose the most beautiful way to express your thoughts and emotions: to embellish your body with matching mother and daughter tattoos.
These days, tattoos for mothers aren’t seen as fashionable “accessories”only. They are, in fact, quite popular and have a special meaning for every individual who chooses to embellish their body with black or colored ink.
No matter what relationship you have with your mother, respectively daughter, one thing remains certain: the love that any woman who gives birth carries is a true source of inspiration and courage.
A mother is that person who gives you power, the one who sustains you every step of the way and the one who will always welcome you with open arms, whether you are wrong or not.
And what can be more wonderful than expressing your love and devotion through a tattoo dedicated to the being that gave you life and without which you would not have enjoyed the most beautiful experiences?
6. Heart tattoos done with watercolors and slightly changed
7. Quotation tattoos accompanied by two little hearts
8. Butterfly tattoos look different, but express the same special bond
9. Different colored feathers form the sign of infinity and have birds flying from it
10. Matching mother and daughter tattoos depict a family of elephants
Ways to Leave a Personal Fingerprint in Skin With Matching Tattoos
Whatever the reasons you have to make such a permanent decisions, you should know that you have many options. The large variety of ideas might inspire you and your mother as well. For example, you could choose an illustrative image or a quotation in order to express what you feel or what you think.
Any symbol or defined color form will be like a personal fingerprint. In addition, if you are passionate about everything that is art and you like everything that is beautiful in life, the tattoo you choose will certainly be one that will reflect your personality. And surely it will be a proof of love for your mother!
Matching Tattoos Containing Quotations
The love a mother offers is pure and unconditional. She represents kindness, patience, candor and beauty without boundaries. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but mother love is the most beautiful thing in the world. It means sacrifice, but it is also a source of inspiration, which is why you can choose a quote that expresses the love your mother has for you. It can be a famous quote or your thoughts, expressed in words that have a special meaning for you and for the one who gave you life.
11. Identical symbols inked on the wrists of a mother and a daughter
12. Feet tattoos, each split in half in order to become a whole when close
13. A rose with thorns grows in the shape of the infinity sign
14. Two beautiful flowers have writing in their stems
15.” A circle is round, it has no end. That’s how long I want to be your friend.”
Tattoo Design Depicts a Mother and a Child
A minimalist tattoo that illustrates a mother and a child is not something out of the ordinary, but it certainly reveals how strong your relationship is. Such a model is a proof of the love you carry. And, the drawing can be as simple as possible, without full shapes and without being loaded with many colors and shadows. You can choose a tattoo with black ink only or you can choose one with colored ink. In addition, it can be suitable for you as well as for your mother.
The Symbol of Infinity Included in Matching Tattoos
The love that a mother feels is infinite. It has no borders and is not lost in time, which is why you can choose as tattoo a symbol that best illustrates how strong the love between you two is. You do not need to opt for an extravagant tattoo with lots of colors or too much emphasis on detail. It suffices to get the symbol of infinity inked in your skin and have your mother’s name tattooed inside the loops. In this way, the design has a stronger meaning. In addition, this is a great idea for your mother too. The only detail that has to be replaced is the name.
16. Feet tattoos with an individual message for one another
17. Showing love for the same genre of music with these wrist tattoos
18. Delicate and feminine shoulder blade tattoos for mother and daughter
19. Two pieces of puzzle that match perfectly doubled by a key and a lock
20. Semicolon tattoos develop into joyful butterflies done with watercolors
Tattoo Design Depicts Two Hearts
When your hearts fight together, nothing is needed to prove your love. A tattoo depicting two hearts is the purest and most beautiful form of expressing the relationship between you and your mother. Moreover, the best place for it could be your wrist, where the pulse is strong. If you want the drawing to get a nice outline, you can choose two different colors so that the two shapes are highlighted.
Less Commitment With White Ink
The idea of showing your devotion and love to your mother appeals to you, but you’re not brave enough to get a black tattoo? Or a colored tattoo? Don’t worry because there are tattoos made entirely with white ink.
A tattoo done with white ink is certainly a very stylish and inspired choice. White ink means gentleness, purity and naturalness. You can choose any model that inspires you, whether it’s your mother’s name or a quote that has a special meaning for you, whether it’s a symbol or another model that best expresses the relationship between you and your mother.
21. A compass, a flower and a message suffice for this tattoo type
22. Leg tattoos comprise mother and daughter animals that show affection
23. A tea cup and a tea pot make a great pair as symbols
24. The hands of Mickey Mouse form a heart
25. Matching mother and daughter tattoos consisting of a feather
Heart and Mother’s / Daughter’s Name
Perhaps the tattoos illustrating the symbol of love, the heart, are not considered the most inspired. However, certainly such a model may be a choice that best shows how important your mom is to you.
You can choose a very well outlined design, that has an intense color and a full shape. In addition, you could add your mother’s name besides it.
So, if you decide on this type of design, then you can propose to your mother to do the same tattoo, and next to it to write your name. Thus, wherever you are, you will know that the link between you will never be lost.
A Poem of Love Dedicated to Each Other
If you do not have a lot of ideas about what you want to tattoo or if you do not like classic models, you can opt for a poem that illustrates the love between a mother and her daughter. There are a lot of books you can get inspiration from. You will surely find a few lines that express very well what you feel about the most important person for you, that being your mom. In addition, if you want the tattoo to be more special, you can choose to have the poem inked next to a flower or another symbol that has a special meaning for you.
26. A butterfly that is never complete unless mother and daughter are close
27. Identical tattoos that send a lovely message and look nice as well
28. Identical tattoos featuring a ladybug shaped like a heart
29. Matching tattoos consisting of the lotus flower and characterized by pointillism
30. Identical symbols inked on the ankles of two related women
Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos With Birds
Birds are symbols of freedom, courage and love. So, such tattoo can certainly be a very good choice. The strong connection between a mother and her daughter can not be disputed, and a model that symbolizes a few birds in flight will surely make the relationship between you and yourself easier.
You can choose to tattoo a few birds on your shoulder, so the model has a special significance. In addition, you can propose to your mother to get the same design inked, so that you always remember one another.
31. Beautiful and meaningful tattoo designs inked on forearms
32. Mother and daughter hold hands to show off their matching tattoos
33. Creative tattoo design carries more than one obvious meaning
34. Wild flowers inked on the same body part
35. The stem of two roses is prolonged in the shape of infinity
Inking Tips for Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos
Whatever the reasons you have to express your love with a tattoo, it’s important for you to know a few things beforehand.
First of all, you have to carefully choose the salon and the artist you are about to get inked at. In case this is your mother’s and your first tattoo, then you must ensure a good experience. There are many ways such visit can go wrong, so do your homework!
Besides checking out the tattoo artist’s portfolio and speaking with him or her about what you and your mother want, you have to keep an open eye for other details as well. For example, you must check if all the equipment is sterile and if the artist wears gloves the entire time.
Second of all, make sure you and your mother really want to get inked. This is because tattooing is permanent. Take the following aspect into consideration: the hue of your skin and your mother’s skin, so you can choose the most flattering colors for you two. In addition, choose a body area that doesn’t show any lesions or other affections.
In addition, advise your mother to pick a less visible spot for her tattoo if she’s not ready to face the judgement coming from other people.
36. Sunflower tattoos accompanied by heartwarming messages
37. Sun and moon tattoos can pass as matching tattoos thanks to their relation
38. Minimalist tattoos consist of two adorable giraffes and a red heart
39. Two daughters and a mother have chosen to get inked in a meaningful way
40. Typography tattoo done on a water-colored background
Maintenance Steps for Matching Mother and Daughter Tattoos
Once you and mother have taken the important step of getting tattooed, you need to care for it until it heals. Besides obtaining the desired aesthetic effect, now you have to also make sure it heals intact. In this regard, it is important for both of you to take certain maintenance steps:
- Wash the tattoo three times per day during the first three days after getting inked
- After washing, apply the special cream recommended by the tattoo artist
- The cream should contain vitamin E
- You should only apply a thing layer of skin and don’t rub it in too strong in order to avoid pain
- Do not keep your tattoo covered
- Wear clothes made of cotton until your tattoo heals
- Avoid exposure to the sun, especially in the first week after you got inked
- Do not go to public pools or inside the sea
- Try not to scratch your tattoo when it heals
41. A dove that carried an outlined heart needs to get back to her nest
42. Similar shoulder blade tattoos are differentiated by colors only
43. The most adorable baby owl tattoo design enriched with colored tulips
44. Semicolon tattoos inked in a way to look cute by making the dot look like a cat’s head
45. Wrist tattoos for mothers and daughters
Conclusions Point to Getting Inked
After looking at so many tattoo ideas for you and your mother, you are surely not ready to give up. And you shouldn’t! What you should do is show your mom a few ideas and discuss the subject with her. However, try not to scare her with large tattoos in case she didn’t get inked before.
The bond between you and your mother will not become stronger just by getting tattooed, but it could help it stay strong. Besides that, you and your mom will definitely be considered a cool pair of people after taking this step. So, don’t hesitate to show off the outcome to all your friends and all your loved ones, and why not, even drop a picture in the comments below!
46. Daughters are connected to their mother’s heart
47. Adorable unicorns serve as identical tattoos for fun people
48. Two pieces of puzzle filled with dots of color and a message
49. Small characters, each wear a cat’s and a dog’s costumes
More Mother and Daughter Tattoo Ideas
50. Dream-catchers make lovely matching tattoos for this theme
51. Purple feathers form the infinity sign and carry important meanings
52. Rose’s stem can be bent in such way it becomes writing
53. Elephant write a message on skin related to motherly love
54. Stylized feathers come with a simple message and are colored differently
55. Large forehand tattoos are all about the pinky swear
56. Fluid lines are shaped like the silhouettes of a mother and her child
57. Small pinky swear tattoo done on forearms
58. All of mother’s and daughter’s common passions fitted in one tattoo
59. Highly decorative sun and moon tattoos done on feet
60. Mandala tattoos that don’t match
61. “You are my sunshine; My only sunshine”
62. Mother and daughters all chose the same tattoo design to express their bond