At some point, if you attended a business class, the lecturer must have mentioned that it’s not wise to mix business with pleasure. Well, those were the old conventional days where things had to be done the way they taught us. How about in this day and age, when even the social media itself is among one of the best platforms to boost your visibility? You’ve most likely also heard of a new slung, “bleisure”. The word comes from a blend of business and pleasure.
It is most likely that we are taking life too seriously and it may be the reason as to why you are losing out on VIP clients. These are the people you want to bring on board in your clients list. Mind you, the best place to find them is not always in boardrooms, or in the office. Yeah, you guessed it right, most of them are out there having a soiree and one of the most important things is knowing how to reach them out.
In this piece, you’ll know more about getting VIP clients by mixing business with pleasure.
Choose the right places but timing is key
Attracting VIP clients is not as easy as it may sound. It requires proper planning and strategizing. First, you need to have the confidence to face them one on one. Remember, they may have been there longer than you have. They’ve seen it all, met and shared business ideas such as those you may have. Before we get to it, here are some tips on how to mingle with the high and mighty.
- Act like you belong, it’s all about self confidence
- Provide solutions and values first
- Research may come in handy
Now that we’ve got that covered, it’s imperative that you choose the right place and at the right time. Why not consider going to Celebrity shore excursions? It’s both fun and casual, yet it provides you with a mingling advantage. After all, vacation spots are where most high-caliber individuals like to hang out and spend their free time. It is also where all the luxury is. Nonetheless, it’s important to also know your target audience at this point.
Employ the right strategies
As they say, cheap is expensive. It won’t hurt to take care of the bill if you know that you may nail a deal with someone important. As expensive as it may be, look at the bigger picture. It may take time to get them, but as soon as it happens, it’s imperative to focus on the following tips.
- Maintain professionalism – Always ensure that you maintain your professionalism at all times irrespective of place or situation. This way, whatever the results, you still have a long way to go and a
- Respect time and persona – time is money. This is true to all the VIPs out there. Irrespective of the fact that they are out there having fun, they still keep time, so should you. Arrive early, be patient, and maintain your cool.
- Be a person of your word – if you’ve earned an audience with a very important client, it’s imperative that you honor your promises and hold your end of the bargain.
- Avoid oversharing – focus more on why you love what you do and not the irrelevant topics that may hurt business relationships.
Most importantly is the fact that you need to set your boundaries. As much as it may be beneficial to your business, mixing business and pleasure requires you to balance your priorities. There are those who have successfully made it, all because they managed to set their boundaries before it was too late.